- 1 cup Warm Milk
- 2 Eggs (room temp)
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teas. Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- ¼ oz. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 Tabs. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 oz. Unsalted Butter (softened)
Spread for Dough:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 oz. (4 tablespoons) Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ teas. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- Heat Milk until is warm (not hot) to touch.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in mixing bowl fitted with dough hook. Add Sugar, Butter, Salt, Eggs, and Flour. Mix on medium speed, until all ingredients are incorporated…Do not overwork dough.
- Dust your hands lightly with Bread Flour, and hand-knead the dough into a large ball. Put the ball of dough into a bowl sprayed with cooking Oil. Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- On a flat surface, lightly sprinkled with Bread Flour, roll out dough into a 16″ x 21″x¼ inch thick rectangle.
- Using a pastry brush, spread ¼ cup softened Butter on dough (leave a ¼” blank lip for sealing edge).
- In clean small bowl, whisk together: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, and Butter…Mix well. Sprinkle buttered dough evenly with the sugar/cinnamon/butter mixture.
- Tightly roll dough starting with the longer side; pinch to seal edges; and cut into fourteen (14) 1½ inch rolls
- Place rolls in lightly Buttered 11″ x 15″ glass baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil and let rolls rise until nearly doubled (about 30 minutes). .
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Once rolls have risen, bake until golden brown (about 18 to 20 minutes); dough should still be soft, though fully cooked, especially toward the center of the rolls.
- As rolls are baking, beat together Cream Cheese, Butter, Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and Salt for icing.
- Remove rolls from oven Spread icing on warm rolls, so the frosting melts into the cinnamon rolls.
- Serve warm