Peppercorn Steak Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Salt-reduced Beef Stock
- 3 Tablespoon Green peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 1 oz. White or Red Wine
- 2 teaspoons Brandy, Port or Sherry (optional)
- 1 oz. fresh Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder (optional)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 3 tsp Arrowroot or Corn Flour (as thickener)
- 2 tsp cold water
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 mins
In a small saucepan melt Butter over medium heat.
Add Green and Black Peppercorns and cook for 20 seconds in bubbling Butter.
Add Stock and Wine…Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce and cook off the alcohol.
Add Cream and cook for 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken slightly. Whisk in Onion Powder (if using), and Arrowroot (Tapioca Flour) mixed in with two teaspoons chilled water. Whisk for 1 minute, for sauce to thicken.
Serve over Steak Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to 2 days. Reheat on the stove top, adding a dash of extra water if necessary, or in a microwave.