Chicken Corn Chowder.
A hearty Chicken corn chowder is a perfect dish for dinner, or brunch, and can be served year round. For a twist, roast the corn first, perhaps add a bit of jalapeno pepper, go crazy.
- 4 oz. Butter
- 1 Carrot (brunoise)
- 1 Celery Stalk (brunoise)
- 1 small Onion (brunoise)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup A/P Flour
- 3 cups White Corn Kernels
- 4 Russet Potatoes (small dice)
- 2 Oven roasted Chicken Breasts (Marinade: EVOO, Thyme, Rosemary, Garlic…Salt @ oven)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (divided)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- S/P TT
1. Melt Butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Sweat Carrots, Celery, Onion, and Garlic until opaque (about 2”)
3. Stir flour into mixture to form Roux; cook until lightly (about 5”)
4. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool, about 15 minutes
5. In large soup pot over medium heat: Corn, Potatoes, Chicken, 3 cups Chicken Stock
6. Whisk remaining 1 cup Chicken Stock into Vegetable/Flour mixture until combined
7. Stir mixture into ingredients in soup pot. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thick (about 5”)
8. Stir Cream, Salt, and Black Pepper into Chowder.
9. Bring back to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20”)
10. Rectify Seasonings
Serve Chowder hot in Sourdough Bread Bowl