- 3 8-oz (225 g) packages cream cheese at room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 12 oz (340 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (spring onion), green and white parts, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half or heavy cream
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon fried crisp, drained, and crumbled
Combine all the ingredients except the bacon in a slow cooker or oven-proof covered baking dish.
Cook covered on high heat or in a preheated 300F (155C) oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Stir in the bacon and serve with thinly sliced
French bread, corn chips, pita wedges, or crackers.
Serves 16 to 20.